The Accounting Manager is at the heart of the company’s business operations and needs to be a great analytical thinker, love numbers, people and the arts. They report directly to the Producing Director/Co-Founder of the Company to create and manage budgets, forecasts and execute strategic plans. They will manage the Bookkeeper/Payroll Specialist which requires solid knowledge of both Quickbooks and ADP payroll processing.
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Create and manage the annual budget as well as quarterly reviews and forecasts.
- Prepare the financial package for quarterly Board Meetings.
- Monitor investment account for new stock donations daily
- Month-end reconciliations including cash, credit cards, payroll and investment accounts.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow projections.
- Manage Bookkeeper who performs Accounts Payable, daily reconciliations, bi-weekly payroll processing, expense entry, group sales invoices, and weekly royalty reports
- Work with Development dept. to provide budgets and supplemental financial reports for grant applications as well as follow up reporting.
- Manage annual audit and prepare necessary documents and spreadsheets.
- File annual business taxes, surveys and other dues.
- Process payments for rental contracts
- Process bank deposits and process petty cash requests from Company Manager
- Monthly workers’ comp allocation and accrual
- Manage monthly commuter benefits program
- Quarterly payroll tax filings (via ADP)
- Quarterly benefits eligibility assessment
- Bi-annual Statement of Information
- Annual workers’ comp audit: generate payroll reports, complete business operations questionnaire, and work with auditor as needed
- Manage filing of Form 990 with external tax specialist.
- Annual renewal of business registration, workers’ Comp, BOE-267 (local welfare exemption), fire permits, liquor license, organization clearance certificate (state welfare exemption), and company vehicle registration
- Manage annual filing of W-2s and 1099’s
- Annual HCSO filings and ACA calculations
- Strong initiative, curious, and detail oriented
- Good time management skills
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Experience prioritizing and coordinating multiple tasks at one time
- Bachelor’s degree required, Arts Management or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Accounting required, preferably for a non-profit arts organization
- Expertise in QuickBooks accounting software and proficient bookkeeping skills
- Experience with independent audit processes and workers’ compensation practices
- Proficient at creating budgets and budget analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel and Word
- Experience with ADP or other payroll processing systems
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
International Applicants: San Francisco Playhouse cannot sponsor or assist applicants in the visa application process. For more information, please contact the United States embassy in your country.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This Employer does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, handicap, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.