Safety Protocols at San Francisco Playhouse
Updated: August 25, 2021
The health and safety of our patrons, performers, crew, and staff is our top priority.
Advance Ticket Sales. Advance reservations/ ticket sales are required. At this time, walk-up ticket sales are not available.
Proof of Full Vaccination. Proof of Full Vaccination is required, with matching photo ID. A physical vaccination card, picture of vaccination card, or digital vaccination record will suffice. California residents may obtain a digital vaccination card at MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov. This requirement may be subject to limited exemptions under state and federal law. If you are exempted by law, please contact the box office in advance.
Masks. Masks are required indoors for everyone in the building unless actively eating or drinking in the lobby.
Arrive Early. Arrive early to allow sufficient time for safety protocols.
Bring your Tickets. Print at home or download your e-ticket to your phone. At this time, will-call tickets are not available. This is part of our low-touch, contactless experience.
Seating. Theatre seating will provide a one-seat buffer between each party.
Concessions. Concessions will be open with a limited menu. Concessions may be enjoyed in the lobby. Food and drink will not be allowed in the auditorium.
Download the Playbill. At this time, paper playbills will not be available. This is part of our low-touch, contactless experience.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Please self-assess your health before leaving home by considering the following questions if you answer yes to any, please reschedule to another day’s performance.
- Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
- In the past 10-14 days, have you had close contact with anyone who has COVID-19, during their contagious period?
- In the last 24 hours, including today, have you had any of the symptoms below, that is new or not explained by another condition?
- A cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- A fever of 100.4°F/38°C or higher?
- Chills, fatigue, or muscle and body aches?
- Headache or a sore throat?
- A persistent runny nose?
- A sudden loss of taste or smell?
By entering the building, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions.
Don’t forget your mask. A face covering is required for entry into the San Francisco Playhouse and must be worn in the theatre. Face masks must completely cover nose and mouth and have ear loops or similar to hold in place. Gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable.
Don’t forget your tickets. Before leaving home, make sure you have either printed your ticket or have your e-ticket available on your mobile device. Your e-tickets can be found in your confirmation email.
Tickets are currently not available for pick up at will call.
If you’re not signed up to receive San Francisco Playhouse emails, register now to ensure that you receive important performance and safety updates.
YOUR PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Here’s what to expect when you get to San Francisco Playhouse:
- Lobby doors open one hour prior to the performance. We encourage patrons to arrive 30 minutes prior to the performance, to allow adequate time for safety protocols.
- Mandatory face coverings that completely covers nose and mouth, secured with ear loops or head strap are required when not actively eating or drinking. Gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable.
- Performances at San Francisco Playhouse offer a low-to no-touch performance experience with increased cleaning of all high-touch surfaces:
- Doors will be propped open or operated by ushers1 hour prior to performance start time.
- Restrooms will be cleaned prior to the performance.
- Printed programs will not be distributed. Program and artist information will be available at sfplayhouse.org prior to performances or by using a QR code displayed in the theatre lobby.
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed throughout the lobby.
- Lobby windows will be open for ventilation.
- The concessions bar will be open. Concessions may be enjoyed in the theatre lobby. At this time, food and drink is not allowed in the theatre auditorium.
- Elevators will be reserved for those needing mobility assistance and capacity will be limited to 4 patrons at a time.
Video Streaming Option. We recognize that, even with safety measures, some patrons may not feel comfortable attending in-person and we are committed to bringing plays to you, wherever you are. Learn more about watching the San Francisco Playhouse at home at www.sfplayhouse.org.
PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION and ID OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST and ID
Full COVID-19 vaccination
Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose regimen of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered two weeks or more in advance* of the performance to be attended. Fully vaccinated patrons must bring a paper, photo, or electronic copy of their completed vaccination card or a record of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider who administered the vaccine with an appropriate ID matching the name on the proof of vaccination for entry.
Negative COVID-19 test
Exemptions to vaccine requirement may be allowed to show proof, prior to entering the theatre lobby, of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test taken not more than 72 hours before the event). Exempted patrons must contact the box office in advance.
For any questions, please contact the Box Office at (415) 677-9596, Monday–Friday from 1pm to 6pm.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the COVID-19 vaccination requirements for attending a performance at San Francisco Playhouse?
Patrons will be required to present proof of Full Vaccination. Any exemptions from city vaccine requirement may present a recent negative COVID-19 test result.
Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose regimen of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered TWO WEEKS or more in advance* of the performance to be attended.
Patrons must bring an electronic, photo, or paper copy of their full vaccination card or present record from ca.gov website with appropriate photo ID matching the name on the vaccination card.
How do patrons present their vaccine documentation at San Francisco Playhouse?
Patrons must bring an original, copy or picture of a CDC vaccination card;
or personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California;
or documentation from a healthcare provider; or similar documentation issued by another State, local, or foreign government jurisdiction. https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov