Safety Protocols at San Francisco Playhouse
Updated: March 15, 2022
The health and safety of our patrons, performers, crew, and staff is our top priority.
San Francisco Playhouse continues to follow the advice and guidelines of the medical community, the city of San Francisco, and the CDC. Our COVID safety policies are subject to change based on this advice and guidelines.
Ticket Sales. Advance reservations/ticket sales are recommended. Will-call tickets are only available if you can show proof of vaccination at the time of purchase.
Proof of Full Vaccination. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all audience members 12 years of age or older. Accepted forms include original vaccination card, photo of vaccination card, or digital vaccine record. California residents may obtain a digital vaccination card at MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov. This requirement may be subject to limited exemptions under state and federal law. If you are exempted by law, please contact the box office in advance.
Masks. Masks are required indoors for everyone in the building unless actively eating or drinking in the lobby. Face masks must completely cover nose and mouth and have ear loops or similar to hold in place.
Arrive Early. Arrive early to allow sufficient time for safety protocols.
Bring your Tickets. Print at home or download your e-ticket to your phone.
Concessions. Concessions will be open with a limited menu. Concessions may be enjoyed in the lobby. Food and drink will not be allowed in the auditorium.
Seating. We are happy to accommodate patrons’ requests for more space. We have set aside seats (newly upholstered!) in the balcony to allow more distancing for patrons who would like it.
Download the Playbill. A digital playbill will be available for each production by the first performance at https://www.sfplayhouse.org/sfph/playbill/. Additionally, a limited number of printed playbills will be available at the theatre for each performance.
Please self-assess your health before leaving home by considering the following questions if you answer yes to any, please reschedule to another day’s performance.
- Within the past 10 days, have you been diagnosed with, or tested positive for, COVID-19?
- In the past 10-14 days, have you had close contact with anyone who has COVID-19, during their contagious period?
- In the last 24 hours, including today, have you had any of the symptoms below, that is new or not explained by another condition?
- A cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- A fever of 100.4°F/38°C or higher?
- Chills, fatigue, or muscle and body aches?
- Headache or a sore throat?
- A persistent runny nose?
- A sudden loss of taste or smell?
By entering the building, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and answered “no” to all these questions.
Don’t forget your mask. A face covering is required for entry into the San Francisco Playhouse and must be worn in the theatre. Face masks must completely cover nose and mouth and have ear loops or similar to hold in place.
Don’t forget your tickets. Before leaving home, make sure you have either printed your ticket or have your e-ticket available on your mobile device. Your e-tickets can be found in your confirmation email.
If you’re not signed up to receive San Francisco Playhouse emails, register now to ensure that you receive important performance and safety updates.
YOUR PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Here’s what to expect when you get to San Francisco Playhouse:
- Lobby doors open one hour prior to the performance. We encourage patrons to arrive 30 minutes prior to the performance, to allow adequate time for safety protocols.
- Mandatory face coverings that completely covers nose and mouth, secured with ear loops or head strap are required when not actively eating or drinking.
- Performances at San Francisco Playhouse offer a low-to no-touch performance experience with increased cleaning of all high-touch surfaces.
- Doors will be propped open or operated by ushers 1 hour prior to performance start time.
- Restrooms will be cleaned prior to the performance.
- Program and artist information will be available at sfplayhouse.org prior to performances or by using a QR code displayed in the theatre lobby. Only a limited amount of shortened printed playbills will be available for each performance.
- Hand sanitization stations will be placed throughout the lobby.
- Lobby windows will be open for ventilation.
- The concessions bar will be open. Concessions may be enjoyed in the theatre lobby. At this time, food and drink is not allowed in the theatre auditorium.
- Elevators will be reserved for those needing mobility assistance and capacity will be limited to 4 patrons at a time.
- We are happy to accommodate patrons’ requests for more space. We have set aside seats (newly upholstered!) in the balcony to allow more distancing for patrons who would like it.
Video Streaming Option. We recognize that, even with safety measures, some patrons may not feel comfortable attending in-person and we are committed to bringing plays to you, wherever you are. Learn more about watching the San Francisco Playhouse at home at www.sfplayhouse.org. Please note: in accordance with our licensing agreement there will not be a video streaming option for our production of Water by the Spoonful.
PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION and ID OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST and ID
Full COVID-19 vaccination
Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose regimen of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered two weeks or more in advance of the performance to be attended. Fully vaccinated patrons must bring a paper, photo, or electronic copy of their completed vaccination card or a record of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider who administered the vaccine.
Negative COVID-19 test
Exemptions to vaccine requirement may be allowed to show proof, prior to entering the theatre lobby, of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR test taken not more than 72 hours before the event). A negative COVID-19 test result (PCR test administered within 72 hours of the event) may suffice for children under 12 years of age or for people who are exempt by law. Exempted patrons must contact the box office in advance.
For any questions, please contact the Box Office at (415) 677-9596, Monday–Friday from 1pm to 6pm.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the COVID-19 vaccination requirements for attending a performance at San Francisco Playhouse?
Patrons will be required to present proof of full vaccination. Any exemptions from city vaccine requirement may present a recent negative COVID-19 test result.
Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose regimen of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered TWO WEEKS or more in advance* of the performance to be attended.
Patrons must bring an electronic, photo, or paper copy of their full vaccination card or present record from ca.gov website.
How do patrons present their vaccine documentation at San Francisco Playhouse?
Patrons must bring an original, copy or picture of a CDC vaccination card;
or personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California;
or documentation from a healthcare provider; or similar documentation issued by another State, local, or foreign government jurisdiction. https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov