GET YOUR SCHOOL INVOLVED
Click Here to apply for the Theatre Attendance Program for the 2019-20 Season
- Ten to fifty students from your school attend 4 shows throughout the San Francisco Playhouse season — at no cost to you!
- Each show takes place on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night at 7:00 pm.
- We work with you to find dates that fit your school schedule.
- We schedule a post-play talk-back with the actors and director for the night that you and your students attend.
- You receive an hour-long, dynamic, active lesson plan that will prepare your students for the show.
- You receive post-play discussion questions.
- Your students write and mail thank you letters to their donors within a week of attending the show.
The Rising Star Theatre Attendance Program is made possible thanks to generous grants from The Michelson Family Foundation and The Kimball Foundation and donations from hundreds of San Francisco Playhouse subscribers who pay an extra $100 to sponsor a Rising Star student.
Our Rising Star Program began in 2009 with 84 students and two schools. In three years, the program has grown to serve nearly 600 students in 16 different schools across the Bay Area.
|Aspire Golden State Prep *|
|Balboa High School|
|Burton Academic High School|
|Castlemont High School|
|City Arts & Technology High School|
|Galileo Academy of Science and Technology|
|George Washington High School|
|Gritty City Repertory Youth Theatre|
|Hercules High School|
|Ida B. Wells|
|Impact Academy of Arts & Technology|
|Jefferson High School|
|Leadership Public Schools|
|Lincoln High School|
|Mare Island Technology Academy (MIT)|
|Maybeck High School|
|MetWest High School|
|Saint Elizabeth High School *|
|San Leandro High School|
|Skyline High School|
|Wallenberg High School *|